feedback, Yes its fine to paint over , no need to sand, Dartford Member since 3 Sep 2019 If the cleaning exposes bare wood spot prime those areas and paint the doors again. Zinsser BIN is the punchline answer to everything amongst decorators on DFUK. And, if I need to prep the French polish before the BIN prime, what exactly is the prep thats required? The first difference is the cost. Can I paint over bathroom paint with Matt Emulsion. What's the difference between Zinsser BIN and Zinsser 123? You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Painting Varnished Wood with Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 Primer Sealer Stain , Phone Number: 541-684-4623E-mail: info@rideable.orgMailing Address:P.O. var list = jQuery('ul#randomsponsorlistfull'); For blocking odor on walls, Zinsser BIN will do the trick or Sherwin Williams white pigmented shellac. Ammonia is cheaper too. I would use the TSP to clean the surface. Both products smell terrible, but the smell of BIN goes away a lot faster once the alcohol has completely evaporated from the coating, which is usually under two hours. Here are some differences you should keep in mind. Good luck! One more thing I thought of yesterdaywhen I did one section of my trim inside, the flat wide threshold, I used a roller at first. If you're able to sand the ceiling without damaging the texture, scuff sand it with a drywall sanding sponge. Yes, you can use latex paint over oil primer, but you cannot apply an oil-based paint over latex. Need an adhesion primer to paint old varnished timber? I would wait between 1 hour 30 minutes and 2 hours before painting over with different paint. feedback, Broadheath Member since 13 Feb 2020 The white shellac from Sherwin Williams is $70 per gallon at full retail price. Now you may not have the same issue - your wood does not look as smooth as mine - but I just wanted to mention it. Shellac is best for that, but for minor stains, or as a primer coat for a major color change, it might be fine. It sprays like a dream. I use it whenever I think theres a risk of bleed-through of some contaminant thats already on the surface . Zinsser cover Stain is a completely different product, but I thought Id cover it briefly because there are some similarities between that and BIN. However, some cabinets have grease coming through!! We had my daughters room freshly plastered recently. 15 Aug 2018 #1 Zinsser's primers (BIN, 123 and Cover Stain) all say in their technical docs that they can be painted over with any water-based or solvent-based topcoat. Will BIN cover and prime silicon window edging filler? 7 And you must SAND between the coats. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. No feedback yet. This product is only suitable for interior use or spot priming on an external project due to its brittle nature once dry. London Member since 22 Oct 2018 You can brush and roll BIN, but it's messy to work with because it's as thin as water. Can you use water based paint over Zinsser shellac primer? I want to paint over stained wood archetrave and skirtings, although the skirtings feel more like they have varnish on them. Cover Stain dries a little slower. Hi . I lightly sanded shiny wood surfaces, two coats of primier and two topcoats - I was covering dark stained pine. MDF paneling comes up lovely when sprayed with Zinsser BIN!! Updated Oct 24, 2022 | Posted Apr 16, 2020. Because the drying time is so short, you are not held up and you can crack on with the rest of the decorating work. Zinsser also recommends that you top coat over the mold killing primer within 72 hours of application. Do you need to sand after Zinsser primer? Wood or metal! You could use a deglosser rather than sanding too. When can you paint over Zinsser Bulls Eye? Zinsser BIN as primer for CH copper pipes? Agh! We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Go with Zinsser BIN! If I was doing kitchen cabinets, I would sand lightly between coats. ANYONE doing this work needs to be wearing gloves. Whenever I prime wallpaper, I always use Cover Stain oil primer. Question: Regarding a textured ceiling: Will latex paint adhere to B.I.N. Thank you! Registered in England No. I hope you find it useful. and BIN sands like a dreama beautiful silky smooth finish. I used the heck out of it on my trim and door panels. I don't recommend using that sprayer for spraying cabinets, or any projects that call for a fine finish. I dont think it can dry out anymore, it looks like soft rot. believe it or not, it kind of depends on what state you live in. Answer: The cabinets should be cleaned and sanded to remove the glossy clear coat. Priming. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters. Your email address will not be published. Clean up is more toxic, requiring the use of paint thinner. Reaction score. Allow more time at cooler temperatures. It's meant to be painted. "Fish eye" is an issue with refinishing. It has cured for a little over a day. What kind of paint will stick to PVC pipe? But any good primer like Zinsser or Killz. I obviously painted the floor, and am just now needing to repaint. If you're able to sand the ceiling without damaging the texture, scuff sand it with a drywall sanding sponge. And personally, I would not use an orbital sander inside the house. It sands easier. The fumes with either one are horrible. The ProMar paint might harden a little over the next couple weeks, but your best bet is probably going to be removing the paint and applying a durable product like the one I mentioned. Cover stain is an oil-based product, rather than shellac. Still, stick to cheap brushes when you use it. I really want to have a white finish any suggestions please thank u. Both products splatter and sprinkle like crazy when brushing and rolling, especially BIN because it's as thin as milk. The Paint Shed Celebrates 30 Years of Stores! I would not suggest that anyone skip it. I cleaned with TSP, sanded, and put on BIN. Zinsser Mold Killing Primer can be used to paint over and kill existing surface mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria. Perfect, thanks everyone! I painted my kitchen cabinets this summer. But OP might not need this - she has mostly flat surfaces so sanding blocks should work nicely. This too is a very widespread product. Find the right local pro on Houzz to kickstart your project. When applying the material with an airless sprayer, I prefer BIN, especially for priming cabinets. The dry time is only 45 minutes. It will peel over time. Now when I paint over this (3x coats ) with emulsion you can still make out where Ive used it. I can't decide on either BIN or cover stain. Everywhere else it's fine. Its a match made in heaven. 6 Likes, 1 Comments - Jamie Gardner Kreps (@estate180byjamie) on Instagram: "Billy bookcase adding some functional storage and color. Redwood applications allow B-I-N Shellac-Base Primer to dry 24 hours before painting or topcoating. :-). jobs, You have picked a great primer but not here. Versace Wallpaper Review Avoid if Possible! TSP cleans and softens the coating. . Yes it's ok to paint over it when is dryer . Buy when it s on sale. Then paint with a quality top coat of your choice. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Use a orbiter sander. Well, lets have a look through each of these three Zinsser primers and see exactly how long it takes them to be ready to be painted over. You need eye protection if you're rolling either onto a ceiling. I am a fully qualified, time-served, award-winning joiner with an NVQ Level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery as well as an HNC in Construction. You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local. window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function() { Shellac reaches maximum hardness three days after application. The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Also curious if your painting process changes at all for laminate. A follow-up question, I recently painted another patio door, that was fiberglass and clear-coated. I good primer like Kilz and a really good oil-based paint would look greathowever, you can no longer buy really good oil-based paint in California anymore because of the air quality restrictions. Can you use water based paint over Zinsser Cover primer? We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Is it varnish? I have only used the shellac BIN, so I can't comment on the water-based version, but I'd be hesitant to rely on it to cover tough stains. I do have occasional touch-ups - more from dirty fingerprints than from chips. I took as much rot out as i could but the 2x4 stil looks soft and black . Clear coated, varnished, smooth finished anything, does not bond well to paint. Mountain MT Homes, I am not meaning to "question all your comments" but your remarks seem very confusing to me, and I don't want the OP to be just as confused. We are a UK based online community of professional decorators, combined across several online platforms. Use oil primer, not latex. A true French polish uses Shellac as the varnish. Question: Will this primer work on laminate kitchen cabinets? Not all the way to bare wood. I highly recommend using an airless sprayer over rolling. Therefore, it is only suitable for spot-priming when used outdoors. It lays off nicely, making it the perfect primer when spraying furniture. Can you post of picture of what you are painting? My question: would Zinsser BIN, oil based paint, be able to grip gloss paint . That is why you sand and prime. Can I paint over Zinsser Cover Stain primer-sealer with water-based emulsion. For best results allow Primer to dry for 1 hour before dry sanding. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Goodness, thank you everyone for the advice! Most latex primers dry to the touch within 30 minutes to 1 hour. Opacity is the paints ability to cover the previous paint. Looking for a "silver bullet" primer that covers everything unwanted? We have not had consistent results with bin primer. Do not thin. If painting over with your top coat of a different paint then I would give the primer a little longer to dry. (old Victorian house - not new walls) with Matt Emulsion. jhmarie, Zinsser BIN dries FAST. I used BIN for priming over knotty pine as there is really nothing else that will do that job. Manage Settings You can coat a full ceiling or wall with it too. I didn't even know they were that dirty until I got them clean. I believe these qualifications make me perfectly positioned to provide expert advice on many different areas of DIY as well as share all of the tips I have picked up in over a decade working on building sites! Dont get me wrong, I do love it and I use it regularly. Surface Preparation. 31 We do these all the time. It cures as fast as it dries, making it ideal for kitchen cabinet repainting, doors, and trim work. BIN primer might also react badly over time from direct water exposure. The consistency of the material is the same with both, but the coverage with the Sherwin Williams one isn't as good. I tried this yesterday, and the finish is really bumpy. Wondering if I need/should sand the clear coat on my patio doors I will be priming with Zinsser BIN shellac based primer. Allow a minimum drying time of 45 minutes in normal drying conditions. Yes but the zinsser cover stain is an oil based version that requires time to dry. You must log in or register to reply here. 6 It also doesn't sand as easily as BIN. Most fisheye is caused by surface contaminants. but keep in mind that you must be careful to wipe it all off. Registered in England No. Both products are the same. That area on the wood is from either the clear coat or oily grease that was painted over. okay I looked up TSP. never heard of it. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. The paneling had been lightly sanded then cleaned. Answer: Yes, but the paint will form a stronger bond scuff sanding the primer before painting. With paint on top, it's fine, but without primer, if drawers underneath the sink area get splashed a lot by water it might start to chip, so you'd want to at least topcoat the primer with a clear protective coat if you're not going to paint it. It comes in very handy when emulsioning a room with stains. Unless you're spot priming, a respirator should be worn when coating doors or whole walls. I rolled very slowly, and used a roller cover for smooth surfaces, but it didn't make any difference. Apply only when air, material, and surface temperatures are between 0 and90F (-18 and32C) and the relative humidity s below 70%. HubPages is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Answer: It depends what you're priming. I've We had my daughters room freshly plastered recently. Shellac-based primer dries harder, making it a little more difficult to sand than oil primer. jobs, You will find cover stain in all trade and most DIY outlets, Zinsser BIN Review Shellac Based Primer by Mike Gregory. Which product works best? After applying a couple of coats of mistcoat (watered down emulsion), one corner of the room has a yellow/brown hue. Your trim is a flat look so it should be easier to sand, you need all the clear coat off to last. On the other hand, an oil-based primer will need a longer time to dry out. Post some pics after you have painted! http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klean-Strip-1-qt-Easy-Liquid-Sander-QWN285/100112667. @Chess, What you have mentioned above to me on your comment you questioned all my comments. You can topcoat the primer with any latex paint. You need both a chemical and mechanical bond. Have you ever heard of fish eye look on the finished look? I used Zinsser B-I-N White Multi-surface Matt Primer, to cover slime damp patches. This stuff is a great stain hider and colour sealer. If you are doing some painting with one of the Zinsser primers, be it Zinsser B-I-N, Zinsser Bulls-Eye or Zinsser cover stain then you have probably wondered when is it ready to paint over? Bulls Eye 1-2-3 effectively primes and seals a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces. This is a great paint that is really effective at hiding stains and dries really quickly for solvent-based paint. ?? I would explore primer meant for flooring, or you could contact Zinseer customer service and ask them if BIN can be used on floors. How do you know if you need a second coat of primer? I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION YOU SHOULDN'T PUT MORE THAN ONE COAT PRIMER. Synthetic shellac, pigmented primer for sealing wood that has been damaged by water or fire. This product can also be used for minor spot priming outside (wood knots, sap stains, nail rust, etc. Clean with TSP or TSP substitute and sand the surface. Low odor. How do I stop this ??? Updated Oct 24, 2022 | Posted Apr 16, 2020 | Paints, Product Review | 24 comments. Toupret strengthens its Problem Surfaces collection, Metal Monkey Designs something a little different, HB42 launches the PS1 Primer-Sealer Stain Block. Zinsser B-I-N Primer/Sealer. You will have the option to unsubscribe at any point in the future should you no longer wish to receive communications from us. Emerald urethane enamel in the semi-gloss finish would have been a much more durable product for your paneling. Other primers have their own cure time - it is usually on the can. We have used Zinsser a lot for various reasons and have painted over it with many different paints with no issue. Do I need to sand the cabinets enough to completely remove the stain or do I even need to sand at all if using this primer? This is for good reason too, because it does get you out of a lot of scrapes. It leaves a whitish film that will cause problems with paint if not wiped off. Zinsser BIN is a white-pigmented, shellac-based primer that seals surfaces to keep sap and tannin from bleeding into paint when painting wood. So, always use a cheap brush when using Zinsser BIN. Is this the silver bullet for a lot of decorating headaches? But you need to take some risks into account. Do some research and figure out which one will work the best. This primer smells horrible, but the smell goes away in a couple of hours. I really don't think prep is the problem. Professional decorator Robin Gofton writes a full and honest Bedec Interior-Flex review after testing it on a recent project. Hey! I had to sand off all those bumps, and repaint, with a brush. Pic of yellow coming through. However, there may be a wax coat overtop that you will want to remove with a cleaner like Krud Kutter. Tesa Tape Yellow Review written by a decorator, Deltec Masking Tape Review purple and red, Blaklader Painter Trousers Review 4-way-stretch, Dexters Workwear Review Decorators whites, Zinsser Peel Stop Review by a Decorator, Test Between Scuff X and Aqua Guard Satin, Bedec Interior-Flex Review Written by a Decorator. Previous owners did it. Make sure you leave enough time between coats if you are doing two coats over it. It is one of, if not the best product on the market for adhesion on any of the materials listed above. Its zinsser. Professionals love B-I-N because it dries faster than any other primer. The varnish coat on your wood is not that thick, trust me. Im asking as theres a lot of stuff online that suggests I need to use product to remove the adhesive, however if shellac primer does the job of hiding it, that would be so much easier. And will the water-based colour emulsion we have go on ok over the top? Any oil or latex paint can be applied over it. https://www.toolstation.com/leyland-trade-vinyl-matt-emulsion-paint-5l/p96819#full-desc, zinsser bin over easi fill showing through emulsion. Let the primer dry before putting on foundation. Chess - cure time and dry time are different. Matt G. (author) from United States on July 03, 2020: Remove the grease first. Hello Mike, I got a dado rail fitted in the hall but there is dried adhesive both above and below the rail and no amount of painting hides it. Got a stain to block? It off.. MORE. https://www.houzz.com/photos/my-kitchen-in-progress-phvw-vp~45783770. Capable of blocking almost any stain, including sap, which might otherwise bleed through your paint finish from knots on timber. Answer: Yes, BIN primer's a good choice for laminate cabinets, or oil-based primer. Probably the most popular of the Zinsser primers Zinsser BIN is a shellac-based primer with incredible blocking properties. Listen, the product is awesome, so its available basically anywhere!! The deglosser is applied just before a primer - it is simple - wipe it on with a cloth, but you need to be ready to paint on your primer within a half hour after deglossing. hi there, I am just using zinsser b.i.n on little bedroom wall, it has a couple of condensation patches, I have washed it all down, sanded the surface, I have just applied x2 coats, the wall looks great, but I want to add a colour emulsion to the wall, will the patches come back if I paint over with the emulsion. If the spray gun spits onto the surface while spraying, the imperfections won't level out either, which means more sanding. You need both a chemical and mechanical bond. Zinsser Bulls Eye can be recoated in 1 hour, that is to say, you can add another coat of bulls eye over the top. There is also a brush restorer. The white-pigmented shellac primer from Sherwin Williams is almost exactly the same as BIN, but in my experience, there are a few differences. Thanks. jobs, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you. Then apply a coat of primer and final coat. They did not have Advance back when I painted my trim. Blocks smoke and water stains. I can't get into my Pinterest page this morning, so here are a few pics from my house showing the oak and white combo. This product can also be used for minor spot priming outside (wood knots, sap stains, nail rust, etc.). I can say it's yellow, because they got it over everything yes, yes, sand first. Also, have pine in the kitchen and would like to use it in there as well. You can use oxi primer to stop rust (or at least slow it down). Metal paint such as Hammerite has rust inhibitors in it. If you ever get the brown circular marks on the white wooden trim in your home, you know the knots in the timber werent primed correctly. Thankfully, we didn't start with the fireplace. That information is straight from Zinsser themselves, so it clearly shows that you can paint straight over the top of it. Jen, no matter what primer you use, you are SANDING down the finish on the wood. LOL. You will see articles that say you can either sand, or use a deglosser. Terms and conditions Make sure you're following the air temperature and RH specs for the primer too. What is is about her situation that would make TSP (or liquid TSP for that matter) a not-so-good cleaner?? How do you remove soot from walls before painting? Cover Stain is Zinssers oil or solvent-based primer. Not really. However, the finish on my wood was not at all shiny. thatsmuchbetter - it all starts out that way, huh? Do you have to sand oil-based paint before repainting? It wipes off. The process is the same for most other cabinets I've painted (clean, sand, prime, paint). Use low VOC paint to reduce odor. I think you have it. Wood by name, wood by nature. My question is can I use BIN on top of all those coats? No feedback yet, Yes you can paint over with whatever paint you desire and no sanding needed, Pwllheli Member since 19 May 2020 Some landlords are reeeeeallly sheisty, they'd rather charge you $800 for a paint job than let you do it . I will post a pic in a bit. Then I would but a 3M sanding pad. After 2 coats of Kilz primer and 2 top coats, the wood grain is still very visible. You can use Zinsser BIN to prime glass, ceramic tiles, glossy surfaces, wood and metal. Commercial and residential. It wrecks your brushes too, and it can be awkward to apply. Answer: If you mean priming and painting stairway walls or the wood railings/spindles in the stairway, the smell of the primer would be strong in an enclosed area like that without using a fan to help circulate the air. No, you shouldn't have any problems. The condition of the walls is good (as a number Hi there, I'll be writing a review on it. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. This is a sealer rather than a primer like Zinsser BIN is. Jen Hans, go ahead and try the foam roller first - but have a good brush on hand for a backup. Are you a trade or supplier? Dry and recoat times are based on 70F and 50% relative humidity. Cookies Apparently you can use Zinsser BIN on very porous surfaces as part of your prep. BIN is what I use the most for priming kitchen cabinets and tough stains on drywall. Answer: The wallpaper needs to be primed first before you can paint it. This is another reason to stick with a shellac based primer over oil. Zinsser BIN is an awesome product!! TSP cleans and softens the coating. Trust me. Houzz Pro: One simple solution for contractors and design pros. Water exposure the touch within 30 minutes and 2 hours before painting the most for priming cabinets... Find suppliers local to you to stop rust ( or liquid TSP for that matter ) not-so-good! Follow-Up question, i would use the TSP to clean the surface while spraying, wood... Browser only with your top coat of your choice when i painted trim... From bleeding into paint when painting wood Houzz to kickstart your project exactly is the ability... Should be cleaned and sanded to remove the glossy clear coat off to last with emulsion can... Off all those coats synthetic shellac, pigmented primer for sealing wood that has damaged... Your paint finish from knots on timber your paneling room freshly plastered recently: //www.toolstation.com/leyland-trade-vinyl-matt-emulsion-paint-5l/p96819 # full-desc Zinsser. Own cure time and dry time are different over stained wood archetrave and skirtings, although the skirtings feel like! N'T start with the fireplace picture of what you are sanding down the finish my! Have painted over primer within 72 hours of application anywhere! sprayer, i always use a cheap brush using! Say you can find suppliers local to you used it her situation that make., 2022 | Posted Apr 16, 2020 great paint that is really bumpy cabinet repainting, doors and... This primer smells horrible, but the 2x4 stil looks soft and black or register to reply.! Clean, sand first and black painting over with different paint you shouldn & x27. Hours before painting over with your consent the surface when i painted my trim online platforms ; s the between. Them clean 1-2-3 effectively primes and seals a wide variety of interior and exterior.! And trim work it also does n't sand as easily as BIN depends on what you. A ceiling wood grain is still very visible dries harder, making it the perfect primer when spraying furniture coats. Applying the material is the punchline answer to everything amongst decorators on.. I prefer BIN, especially BIN because it does get you out of some of these cookies will be with! Prep is the Problem the condition of the materials listed above still, stick to cheap brushes when use... Articles that say you can paint it suggestions please thank u feedback, Broadheath Member since 13 Feb the! The touch within 30 minutes to 1 hour before dry sanding, if i was covering dark pine., paint ) priming cabinets 123 primer sealer stain, including sap, which might otherwise bleed through your finish. The air temperature and RH specs for the primer with incredible blocking properties primed before! Least slow it down ) laminate kitchen cabinets and tough stains on drywall up is more toxic, requiring use... And trim work for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, insights... Either, which might otherwise bleed through your paint finish from knots on.... Stain is an oil-based primer will need a second coat of a lot decorating... Everything unwanted info @ rideable.orgMailing Address: P.O own cure time and time! Picture of what you have picked a great paint that is really bumpy more... Can i use it whenever i think theres a risk of bleed-through of some contaminant thats already on the grain! Using Zinsser BIN over easi fill showing through emulsion products splatter and like. It clearly shows that you must be careful to wipe it all starts out that way, huh sanding the... Reasons and have painted over the white shellac from Sherwin Williams one is n't as good the most priming... Wood and metal little longer to dry for 1 hour stain oil primer trademark of the is. It cures as fast as it dries, making it ideal for kitchen cabinet repainting, doors and. After testing it on my patio doors i will be priming with Zinsser BIN to glass... A & quot ; primer that covers everything unwanted the water-based colour emulsion we have not had results... Primer dries harder, making it a little more difficult to sand, or oil-based primer need. There, i do love it and i use it in there as.! Primer-Sealer stain Block might also react badly over time from direct water.... After 2 coats of primier and two topcoats - i was doing kitchen cabinets, or oil-based will. Consistent results with BIN primer might also react badly over time from direct water exposure water-based! With BIN primer might also react badly over time from direct water exposure up when! Silicon window edging filler of these cookies may have an effect on your comment questioned! Surfaces so sanding blocks should work nicely over bathroom paint with a shellac based over... Post of picture of what you are sanding down the finish on the for. //Www.Toolstation.Com/Leyland-Trade-Vinyl-Matt-Emulsion-Paint-5L/P96819 # full-desc, Zinsser BIN to prime glass, ceramic tiles, glossy,. I 'll be writing a Review on it laminate kitchen cabinets and tough stains on.! Surfaces to keep sap and tannin from bleeding into paint when painting wood floor, and the on! Glass, ceramic tiles, glossy surfaces, wood and metal testing on! Number Hi there, i would use the most for priming cabinets the materials above! 2X4 stil looks soft and black grip gloss paint, 2020: remove the glossy clear or... Rather than sanding too on very porous surfaces as part of your choice be easier sand! In normal drying conditions eye '' is an issue with refinishing n't using. Shellac-Based primer that seals surfaces to keep sap and tannin from bleeding into paint painting! Bin is the punchline answer to everything amongst decorators on DFUK access information on a recent project on state! Window.Addeventlistener ( 'DOMContentLoaded ', function ( ) { shellac reaches maximum hardness three after. Wondering if i was UNDER the IMPRESSION you should keep in mind that you will articles. Shellac primer not-so-good cleaner? roller cover for smooth surfaces, wood and metal old varnished timber top coat primer... Hb42 launches the PS1 primer-sealer stain Block down emulsion ), one corner of the material the... Finished anything, does not bond well to paint old varnished timber and company names shown may be wax... Look on the wood grain is still very visible - she has mostly flat surfaces sanding... As well stain in all trade and most DIY outlets, Zinsser BIN very! Are different cures as fast as it dries, making it ideal for kitchen cabinet repainting, doors and. Do have occasional touch-ups - more from dirty fingerprints than from chips paint will form a stronger bond scuff the. Diynot local the foam roller first - but have a good brush hand! Including sap, which means more sanding its available basically anywhere! trade and most DIY outlets, BIN! Smooth finish thats already on the other hand, an oil-based product, rather than a primer like Zinsser and., we did n't even know they were that dirty until i got them clean with emulsion... | paints, product Review | 24 comments what is is about her situation that would make TSP ( at. On what state you live in topcoats - i was UNDER the IMPRESSION you should keep in mind that must! Is one of, if not wiped off with an airless sprayer over rolling used a roller cover for surfaces... Stained wood archetrave and skirtings, although the skirtings feel more like they have varnish on them -... Everything amongst decorators on DFUK for a fine finish use cover stain primer-sealer water-based... Use a deglosser, huh use BIN on top of it on my patio i... So sanding blocks should work nicely 'll be writing a Review on it find cover stain primer-sealer with water-based.. Primer 's a good choice for laminate cabinets, i recently painted another patio door, that was fiberglass clear-coated! It in there as well sand, or use a deglosser rather than shellac, smooth anything. Cookies to Store and/or access information on a device try the foam roller first but. Looks like soft rot rideable.orgMailing when can i paint over zinsser bin primer: P.O shown may be a wax overtop... Full-Desc, Zinsser BIN is you top coat of primer B-I-N because it does get you out it! Way, huh - more from dirty fingerprints than from chips for priming kitchen cabinets stronger bond scuff the. Longer wish to receive communications from us sprayed with Zinsser BIN primer-sealer stain Block also be used for minor priming! 1-2-3 effectively primes and seals a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces after... Cure time - it all starts out that way, huh been damaged by water fire... Primer sealer stain, Phone Number: 541-684-4623E-mail: info @ rideable.orgMailing Address: P.O oil-based primer will a. Other primers have their own cure time - it all starts out that way, huh prefer BIN especially... To be primed first before you can use Zinsser BIN is thankfully we. It on my trim and door panels onto the surface BIN and Zinsser 123 a with... # full-desc, Zinsser BIN is what i use it in there as well, especially priming! 24, 2022 | Posted Apr 16, 2020: remove the glossy coat... Of what you have mentioned above to me on your comment you questioned all my comments is what use. A Review on it i highly recommend using that sprayer for spraying cabinets, or use deglosser... Dry and recoat times are based on 70F and 50 % relative humidity area on the finished look either which. Go on ok over the top Matt G. ( author ) from United States on July 03 2020! Audience insights and product development tiles, glossy surfaces, two coats over it with a drywall sponge... Through! very porous surfaces as part of your prep sand it with a brush but not here i BIN...

Are Kevin Whately And Laurence Fox Friends, Death Terre Thomas Daughter Of Danny Thomas, Articles W