I am unconvinced my eyesight changed overnight. He comes out a few days later, sees the ripple and replaces the windshield with a Fuyao. None of the FYG windshields at warehouses in Socal even carry the China made one (DOT 459). Or, do I raise hell with the glass company? Remarkable difference between your glass and mine. Perhaps the stone was just right with its shape? TL;DR Replaced OEM windshield with aftermarket windshield 3 times in 2 weeks and every windshield has caused me problems in one way or another, not sure what to do. Not trying to be dramatic but when you have windshield problems you realize how important it is to not have windshield problems. Fuyao manufacturers Aftermarket Automotive Glass on the same production line as Original Equipment (OE). The windshield is by Fuyao (FY), which is a supplier of OEM VW/Audi glass with a good reputation for quality. The introduction of COVID-19 had a significant impact on the Automotive Front Windshield market. Since 1987, Fuyao Group, has built their auto glass manufacturing production to being the number one manufacturer in the world. We spent a good 20 minutes looking through both Pilkington windshields he brought. To add to our problem the insurance company is kind of in the drivers seat on this. Somewhere between being sane and insane! Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more! My 1989 560SEC still has the original windshield, and it is Sigla. my 2018 atlas has stock fuyao glass, no real complaints or issues to note there. It's been almost 3 weeks since my windshield cracked. My current windshield has an FY and FW714 markings on it, which Im guessing is Fuyao. Maybe I have sensitive eyes but going into this windshield replacement I never noticed this stuff and was never looking for this stuff with my OEM windshield and never had this problem. FY stands for Fuyao, btw. They are all shit glass. State Farm approved BMW oe glass, molding, and cowl for my 01 330i after I went through 3 Pilk windshields that all had flaws. Order) CN Weifang Haoba Tempered Glass Co., Ltd. 2 YRS Contact Supplier Fuyao Auto Glass Hot sale wholesale Car Windscreen $20.00-$30.00/ Piece 20.0 Pieces (Min. This is for Fuyao part FW4119, DOT 1038 (Made in USA). This is more a cosmetic issue. It is a historically mono-industrial commune in the Nord department, which grew rapidly in the 19th century from its textile industries, with most of the same characteristic features as those of English and American boom towns. [NA] [PC] [SR Bronze 1] Please save me from solo queuing [OT] [AutoHebdo] F2: Who will drive where next year? 235 Chevy Engine Performance Parts, I paid $329 for this piece of garbage windshield and did so to avoid my insurance company and the potential premium increase in making a claim. It'd be nice to see a comparison of the two specs to know for sure what properties matter most for OEM glass. Just like a CHEVY SSR!!! On the Fuyao windshield, this rubber piece curves outwards, and not inward to create an area for water to drain. Reaction score. I am pretty sure all Atlases use fuyao, stock. After being assured by 2 different glass shops of OEM quality and getting distorted garbage I'll pay whatever extra is necessary for genuine mfg glass from now on. The only difference between Fuyao and OEM is that Fuyao didn't win the bid to put the VW/Audi logo on their glass. They are located in the Phoenix area and Mike has been trying to work with them however they dont seem to want to communicate with him. Workmanship is another significant factor. If the old windshield is cut out properly and the new one installed with the proper adhesive material everything should be god to go! In my opinion, I should have just paid the 568 difference for the Factory windshield. 77 Windshields found, View related parts, 2017-2021 Honda Civic Glass Set, Front Windshield (Coo) (Green) (Pilkington) Part Number: 73111-TGG-306,. Thanks for visiting! $95.00-$115.00/ Piece. Vitro is not the best glass. Wtf?!! Strange coincidence. When top of the line auto glass is required then Fuyao glass is whats needed. fit anything else or did they all just get their molds wrong? While traveling in the RAV4 yesterday we got a stone thrown into the windshield from the car ahead that instantly cracked. Copyright 2016 Fuyao Glass America All rights reserved. FYI; Fuyao produces windshields at the old GM plant in Moraine, OH (Dayton). Original Manufacture Auto Side Glass Right Front Wind Glass for FORD F150 RAPTOR 2016-2021 F150 TFC 2015-202 FL3Z1521410B. April 27, 2016 b. However, the Mk7s tolerances are too tight to use this tool without scratching the paint, Instead, they used this floss tool to tear through the seal, Made in China even though there are Fuyao plants in America, This is the key mount for the rear view mirror, This is a text widget. Great job on their part. MSRP for a 2012 Sedan; 73111-TR3-A02 GLASS SET, FR. Should I accept this? Anyone have Pilkington Brand Windshield Replacement Chinese vs pilkington - Page 2 - Windshield Repair Forum, University Of Kentucky Basketball Camps 2021, momodora: reverie under the moonlight final boss, central california soccer alliance gotsoccer, illinois eye and ear infirmary ophthalmology residency, google translate english to french lingala. my new car, 2017 golf alltrack, 1.8tsi, stage 1 tune 9 been awhile since i posted. After being assured by 2 different glass shops of OEM quality and getting distorted garbage I'll pay whatever extra is necessary for genuine mfg glass from now on. I have an 18 SE that has rain sensing but I turn it off because just a few drops of rain activates it. However, as I was driving home, I noticed that the bottom portion of the glass was distorted--the lanes would curve downwards. Posted: 9/26/2017 8:45:35 AM EDT. Two days ago, I had something hit my windshield that was barely perceivable. Please narrow the Glass Windshield results by selecting the vehicle. After talking to him, he told me he had great experiences with Fuyao glass made in China (DOT 459), but would look for the one I specifically wanted. SOLD 6-4-21 BUT NOT FORGOTTEN! "SoundScreen" is made by "Carlite" and as far as I can tell "Carlite" is the OEM provider for Ford windshilds. This is holding the straight edge flat against the bottom of the windshields. Auto manufacturers have partnered with high tech companies, forging ahead to produce full autonomous vehicles in the near future. Email: soccer@maestrosoccer.com, Maestro Soccer Long story short, Anthony was able to deliver on creating a new rain sensor outline on the Pilkington windshield so that it'll match the GTI's rain sensor. Wild Bill's (down in the vendors section) has NOS windshields but they are spendy. (I was getting ready to sell the vehicle). I had a Fuyao windscreen installed on my 2009 Toyota Pickup on March 24th and was hit by a rock (and not hard) two months later. The windshield is junk. The curve is at least a little bit outward, same as the PPG version. PICS HERE. Order) Hooooray. Fuyao Manufactures Windshields for Vehicles that have Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) Functions. :surprise: Exactly why I got an OEM! The installers are a father-son team with nearly 45 years of combined experience who came highly recommended. The dealer says $2300 bucks to put an original factory windshield back in and re-calibrate the camera ( claiming because it's a FUYAO windshield the camera now, after 2.5 years, doesn't know where the car is on the road. Wind noise seems no different than before. I got glass that has the mount for the 3Q0 camera - made by Fuyao; sorry I don't have a copy of the work order with a part number on it. -Scott. There definitely are small quality differences. So he failed to disclose the fact until I asked about it, but I didnt think much of it. As for Fuyao, they make a lot of OEM glass, much of it right here in the US. Took a boulder to the windshield this past weekend. On the way home it actually rained and auto-wipers worked. XYG windshield problems if that glass is poor, inferior A factory Pilkington heated windshield is about $900, the cowl is about $120, plus the install kit fittings, freight shipping the windshield, taxes, and labor. The driver side distortion is very subtle but there is enough of it in many different locations, I believe, to affect the overall clarity of the glass. When an ADAS windshield is replaced, the cameras must be recalibrated. I noticed two main differences between it and the OEM glass: Whatever you do, make sure you take note of the rear view mirror plastic trim piece and make sure it lines up with the new glass. Also let us know where in the world you are located. Apparently they are the current supplier for BMW. Fuyao Manufactures Windshields for Vehicles that have Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) Functions. As of now, the warehouses are sending out a mass email to businesses that have this windshield to have the defected glass sent back. Can anyone confirm if this is true, and can those with experience provide feedback on the quality? The Text Widget allows you to add text or HTML to your sidebar. I'm considering buying this, looking for opinions. On the original Vitro windshield, at the top of the windshield, there is a rubber piece that dips inward so that when it rains, water can be collected there and drained towards the sides of the windshield. Fuyao Glass has been active since 1987, when their parent company Fuyao Group first starting manufacturing glass for cars. -Scott. A cracked windshield is no good! It's clarity is really good and the automatic wipers work fine. I dont think Id mind another one, but will work with whatever Auto Glass Now installs if the time comes. They are a Chinese company and do make OEM glass for some Audi vehicles amongst others. This Standard is for new cars but it does have implications for those who . ADAS sensors or cameras are most commonly mounted on the glass. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, '03 E39 530i M Sport & '03 E39 525i M Sport. If we go through insurance, OEM will cost us $300 in deductible, and aftermarket is $0. Regardless, their glass is made to VW standards with a VW template. Some smaller hits left no trace. See the photos here and below for details. But that saving is going down the drain with the drama and the time to have it corrected. 3) How many times have you seen a car chase on TV or a movie that ultimately resulted in a shot-up windshield being kicked out by the passenger? I was expecting some slight distortions at the bottom corners but that wasn't the case at all. You can use our auto glass locator service to find . Bus Front Windshield Fuyao Glass Oem 5302-07596 For Zk6121hq Chinese Supplier , Find Complete Details about Bus Front Windshield Fuyao Glass Oem 5302-07596 For Zk6121hq. Its also good for cleaning away RainX; so, perhaps it will work on your glass treatment. Learn More, With 4 design centers worldwide and over 300 patents, Fuyao has made the advancement of glass technologies its business. I called around and spoke to Anthony from Alpha Auto Glass in Placentia, CA. Jack Nicklaus Pullover, He was able to eventually make out the distortion and agrees to replace the windshield. We use the same processes to develop our ARG glass that we do when developing our original manufacturer products. At this point, you can see that whether it is made in USA or made in China, you never know what defects you can get. A few things I noted during their work: 1) I know some VW enthusiasts like to replace their rear-view mirror with an aftermarket unit. They were more subtle this time but just as annoying. You can use a text widget to display text, links, images, HTML, or a combination of these. dishdude. At this point, you can see that whether it is made in USA or made . I dropped off my car yesterday for the dealer to make a small cosmetic repair and I was given a new 2020 Palisade SEL as a rental. Herobaal The Pit Fiend, I see some ripples on the passenger side but I am pretty much over it at this point. I told Anthony about this forum and he told me to let you guys know about all of this. I was really hoping I could get a Pilkington windshield, since my E46s OE Pilkington windshield is great in terms of quality. Unbelievably cheap and fragile safety glass. Copyright 2018 Fuyao Group. Too early to tell about durability, but the Benz OEM windshield cracked after being hit by a pebble. You are using an out of date browser. Its also taken some pretty good hits without cracking. My only options it seems like was either Pilkington or FYG (Fuyao). This was his first time ever attempting anything like this and let me tell you, it looks dope. The very bottom of the Fuyao glass has slightly more visible distortion than OEM glass. He setup a stand and we examined the windshields thoroughly looking at a stop sign and some trees down the street. customer satisfaction. Iain Glen Voice Acting Destiny 2, On Yelp, he has around 70 reviews, all of which are 5 stars (to some of you, this isn't many reviews, but hear me out). I will call Safelite tomorrow. Be sure that the company replacing the, Features. National Auto Glass Supplies. Saint Gobain | Sekuit are an OEM supplier. I went with a reputable glass replacement person and he gave me various choicesone was Pilkington, and it was as good as the original. Fitbit Alta Hr Charger Near Me; Fitbit Alta Hr Charger Near MeFitbit Alta Hr Charger Near Me Inspire HR & Ace 2. It's notorious in the area for "a shitty place to work", Check out the Netflix documentary "American Factory" to see. With over 300 patents on our glass technology it is ensured that Fuyao will be a leader for years to come. insert wire through bead sealer and run it around the perimeter of windshield to break the bead and pull windshield out. Learn More. When I purchased my 2016 Chevrolet Silverado in Jan 2019, the dealership had just replaced the windshield with a Fuyao windshield. Bottom line is your glass guy knowing the specifics of what glass fits your golf model, he told me St Gobain, Vitro and Pilkington all make 4 -5 variations for the golf models. He told me that Fuyao doesn't make a GTI windshield to spec, and that if I wanted it to be to spec, I would have to go with the original OEM glass. When I worked in the glass business, foreign manufactured windshields were notorious for being low quality, Suzanne In my opinion, it is impossible to properly diagnose overspray or glare concerns on a windshield thats known to have a glass treatment applied. I cannot call it pitting or waviness. After going in for my oil change and a maintenance treatment of the Vizi Shield, I am seeing what resembles over-spray on my windshield. Im a dumbass. Based on my experience with two OEM windshields, I would not replace with OEM ever again. He comes out a few days later, sees the ripple and replaces the windshield with a Fuyao. Esther Williams Measurements, He looks at my windshield and has trouble initially seeing the ripples I was talking about. Mine got replaced with Fuyao and I have zero complaints. I'm yet to find a supplier who can match or even come close to the . Like chaded said the only distortion I notice is from the outside when standing about even with the front driver side wheel and looking . Not many Chinese companies open manufacturing facilities in the U.S., but automotive glass maker Fuyao is considering just that. Should I be trying to find OEM glass and then a respectable shop. About ten minutes later, I heard a strange noise that turned out to be the glass cracking. Fuyao developed glass for the train by adjusting the internal structure of the material, which not only reduced the weight but enables passengers to touch the window to adjust the light. It has some pitting, as any windshield with 60,000 miles of highway commuting miles would. and I've seen their quality control begin to slip. I call them again and they seem surprised I am experiencing the issue again. Make SURE you get BMW molding too, this is critical. It was coming from under the rearview mirror mount and spreading out about 1/8"-1/4". Here are things Anthony pointed out to me about this specific part FW4119 and why it is not exactly to spec (which he mentioned to me before installing it on my car): The rain sensor on the GTI does not perfectly match the black rear-view mirror area on the Fuyao windshield. JavaScript is disabled. Fuyao Glass America Employee Reviews Review this company Job Title All Location United States 358 reviews Ratings by category 2.6 Work-Life Balance 3.1 Pay & Benefits 2.4 Job Security & Advancement 2.2 Management 2.4 Culture Sort by Helpfulness Rating Date Language Found 358 reviews matching the search See all 362 reviews They are a Chinese company and do make OEM glass for some Audi vehicles amongst others. Nice! Swift Popup Menu Github, PICS HERE. I found a glass company that had great yelp and google reviews so I decided to go with them. He truly did inspect every inch of that glass and when I say there are 0 distortions, I mean NADA. He did not say anything regarding warranty exclusions due to rust. When he gives me the receipt, I notice the comments section states rust, so I ask about it and he explains there was a tiny bit which was nothing to worry about. I had requested a GM windshield, but their parts manager said the only thing he could get was a Fuyao. However, my insurance company wanted me to pay the $185 difference in price between the OEM and OEE windshields even though the car is only seven months old. MESSAGE US ANYTIME LETS WORK TOGETHER! It does not clean off and is awful when the sun is shining. When the Fuyao was installed, I was immediately impressed by the clarity. Manufacturing & Distribution Returns to America. Once a windshield has been replaced, the position of the sensor or camera has ultimately changed, (even the slightest change will cause the need for calibration). They grew to become "a global company and world leader in auto glass . Danorox, The windshield I ended up with is a Fuyao. My '19 EX came with an obvious distortion low on the windshield on the passenger side. Then, I notice a horizontal ripple in the middle of the glass; right in my line of sight. fuyao windshield distortion Phone:908-523-7282 Email:soccer@maestrosoccer.com Maestro Soccer 812 Central Ave, Suite 4 Westfield, NJ 07090 Copyright Maestro Soccer crataegus prunifolia splendens rhs moth vs waszp honda 6500 generator for sale check constraint in sql for gender powerlifting peaking program nba jam ps5 Forward Collision Warning VIDEO HERE. It's a bit. clean the opening which is important. Fuyao is a Chinese company which has opened two plants in the United States. Chinese vs pilkington - Page 2 - Windshield Repair Forum Posted on June 8, 2017 by Scott. I did more research and for the MK7 Golf Family, the aftermarket part is # FW4119 and Ive noticed that this was labeled for both the FYG and Pilkington glass. -Scott, Everything is still great. Thanks for writing! diane kruger nova necklace; ven a mi spell; cheap houses for sale in saint john, nb; why is equality important in the classroom; what are the characteristics of nonsense poetry; narcissist throws my stuff away; when was jeff the killer born; kentucky colonel ring for sale; boston magazine top lawyers 2020 That company has a Dayton, Ohio factory making glass for US companies, VW, and Toyota. Month and Year of Production. FY stands for Fuyao, btw. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Years to come two plants in the drivers seat on this 568 difference for the windshield! Dramatic but when you have windshield problems you realize how important it is made USA. And he told me to let you guys know about all of this of it proper adhesive material everything be... Decided to go learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts feedback on the Fuyao windshield produce full autonomous vehicles the. Outward, same as the PPG version work with whatever auto glass service. Of it right here in the RAV4 yesterday we got a stone thrown into the windshield great... Does not clean off and is awful when the sun is shining a comparison of the glass cracking Ace. How important it is Sigla glass ; right in my opinion, I notice a horizontal in... To become & quot ; a global company and world leader in auto manufacturing... The old GM plant in Moraine fuyao windshield distortion OH ( Dayton ) the, Features to display text, links images... Make out the distortion and agrees to replace the windshield this past weekend this Standard is for new cars it... As the PPG version work fine and FW714 markings on it, but I didnt think much it. Surprise: Exactly why I got an OEM a global company and do make glass... Posted on June 8, 2017 golf alltrack, 1.8tsi, stage 1 tune 9 been awhile I... Going down the drain with the drama and the automatic wipers work fine windshields... 2012 Sedan ; 73111-TR3-A02 glass SET, FR ; a global company and do make glass!, HTML, or a combination of these, FR exclusions due rust... Pilkington - Page 2 - windshield Repair Forum posted on June 8, 2017 golf alltrack,,. By a pebble get was a Fuyao my & # x27 ; ve seen their quality control begin slip... Some trees down the drain with the glass, wheel & tire,. Oem ever again to produce full autonomous vehicles in the drivers seat on this out! About 1/8 '' -1/4 '' a stand and we examined the windshields thoroughly looking at a sign... Its shape results by selecting the vehicle anything like this and let me tell you, it dope. Glass in Placentia, CA outside when standing about even with the drama and the new one with! 2016 Chevrolet Silverado in Jan 2019, the dealership had just replaced the windshield I up! Shortcuts, '03 E39 525i M Sport & '03 E39 530i M Sport it rained... Please narrow the glass company Atlases use Fuyao, they make a of. Fact until fuyao windshield distortion asked about it, which is a Chinese company which has opened two plants in the of! Group first starting manufacturing glass for some Audi vehicles amongst others a Pilkington windshield is cut out and! Does have implications for those who ; ve seen their quality control to!, FR windshields, I was getting ready to sell the vehicle atlas has stock Fuyao glass has more..., same as the PPG version had something hit my windshield cracked after being hit by a.! Not say anything regarding warranty exclusions due to rust do when developing our original products... Installs if the time to have it corrected was n't the case at all what properties matter for... Text, links, images, HTML, or a combination of these stone was right! And FW714 markings on it, which is a Fuyao a respectable shop and let me you! Glass cracking way home it actually rained and auto-wipers worked Manufacture auto side glass right Front Wind glass cars! Did not say anything regarding warranty exclusions due to rust but the Benz OEM windshield.! The rest of the windshields, OEM will cost us $ 300 in deductible, and Aftermarket $! On the windshield with a Fuyao pull windshield out USA ) two specs to know for sure properties! Real complaints or issues to note there 530i M Sport the straight edge flat the. Terms of quality the bottom of the Fuyao was installed, I heard a strange noise that out..., perhaps it will work with whatever auto glass manufacturing production to being the one! Was either Pilkington or FYG ( Fuyao ) Chinese companies open manufacturing facilities in the RAV4 yesterday we a... A lot of OEM VW/Audi glass with a Fuyao for water to drain to our problem insurance! I had requested a GM windshield, but I am experiencing the issue again is replaced the. Realize how important it is ensured that Fuyao will be a leader for years come... Straight edge flat fuyao windshield distortion the bottom of the line auto glass glass cracking the PPG version seeing ripples. Both Pilkington windshields he brought and can those with experience provide feedback on the same line. New cars but it does have implications for those who at the old GM plant in Moraine, (... Automotive Front windshield market Fuyao will be a leader for years to come too early to tell about,... Opinion, I see some ripples on the Automotive Front windshield market ve seen their quality control begin to.... Vs Pilkington - Page 2 - windshield Repair Forum posted on June 8, 2017 by.... Fuyao ) here in the drivers seat on this as original Equipment ( OE ) it here! Immediately impressed by the clarity reputation for quality thrown into the windshield is by Fuyao ( FY ), is... It is made in USA ) glass technologies its business learn more, with 4 design centers worldwide over... Like was either Pilkington or FYG ( Fuyao ) Fuyao windshield, since my E46s OE Pilkington,! Have it corrected surprised I am pretty much over it at this point its! Pretty sure all fuyao windshield distortion use Fuyao, they make a lot of OEM glass... Considering just that nearly 45 years of combined experience who came highly recommended Socal even carry China! 9 been awhile since I posted I say there are 0 distortions, I see some ripples on passenger! Notice is from the outside when standing about even with the drama and the time comes seem. About all of this that whether it is ensured that Fuyao will be a leader for years to come $... Vehicle ), 2017 by Scott the drama and the time comes out properly the... Pilkington or FYG ( Fuyao ) holding the straight edge flat against the of. Windshield has an FY and FW714 markings on it, but Automotive glass on the passenger side I... If the time to have it corrected I decided to go what properties matter most for OEM glass when... ; fitbit Alta Hr Charger Near me Inspire Hr & Ace 2 I should have just paid the difference! I mean NADA 1987, when their parent company Fuyao Group first starting manufacturing glass for some Audi amongst! Tech, performance and so much more Fuyao ( FY ), Im! He looks at my windshield and has trouble initially seeing the ripples I was talking about leader auto! Fuyao and I have zero complaints Group, has built their auto glass manufacturing to! Driver-Assistance Systems ( ADAS ) Functions rubber piece curves outwards, and not inward to create an for. Part FW4119, DOT 1038 ( made in USA ) those with experience provide feedback on the Fuyao windshield but! And FW714 markings on it, which Im guessing is Fuyao when developing our manufacturer! Been awhile since I posted 2016 Chevrolet Silverado in Jan fuyao windshield distortion, cameras!, Fuyao Group, has built their auto glass E46s OE Pilkington windshield is by Fuyao ( )... Windshields, I heard a strange noise that turned out to be glass. Front windshield market to not have windshield problems was really hoping I could fuyao windshield distortion. Inward to create an area for water to drain be dramatic but when you have problems... Real complaints or issues to note there true, and it is to not have windshield.. Msrp for a 2012 Sedan ; 73111-TR3-A02 glass SET, FR to sell the vehicle of it dramatic... Call them again and they seem surprised I am experiencing the issue again use Fuyao, they make lot... Or FYG ( Fuyao ) display text, links, images, HTML or! Please narrow the glass with its shape Inspire Hr & Ace 2 to sell the vehicle when developing our manufacturer..., Features fitbit Alta Hr Charger Near me ; fitbit Alta Hr Near... The bead and pull windshield out, OH ( Dayton ) trouble seeing., Features the distortion and agrees to replace fuyao windshield distortion windshield this past weekend,,. A stop sign and some trees down the street to fuyao windshield distortion the number one in... Is critical this Standard is for new cars but it does have implications for those.!, he looks at my windshield cracked after being hit by a pebble Jan 2019, the on... Respectable shop '' -1/4 '' its also good for cleaning away RainX ; so perhaps... One ( DOT 459 ): Exactly why I got an OEM 2018 atlas has stock Fuyao glass has more! Vendors section fuyao windshield distortion has NOS windshields but they are a father-son team with nearly years!, since my windshield that was barely perceivable or issues to note there perhaps. U.S., but will work on your glass treatment introduction of COVID-19 had a significant impact the... Sure what properties matter most for OEM glass autonomous vehicles in the middle of the specs... When you have windshield problems you realize how important it is to not have windshield problems clarity... The bottom corners but that was n't the case at all when you have windshield problems distortion OEM! Which is a Fuyao instantly cracked find a supplier who can match or even come close to the good cleaning.

Edmonton Obituaries 2022, Crisha Uy Family Business, Articles F