.204 Ruger (Hornady Data) reloading data with 71 loads. These rifles feature high-quality, cold hammer-forged barrels that are stress relieved and known for their accuracy. Good velocities. It is a versatile powder, usable in many different calibers, even the .458 Winchester. Been reloading for over 40 years. A CZ 527 American rifle was selected to develop the accompanying loads. 300 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) 300 Holland & Holland (H&H) Magnum. Detachable rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding. No reviews found. Sorry to side track slightlybut have you guys noticed any difference between the 32gr and 39/40gr bullets on prairie dogs, as far as the effect (splat factor, red mist, whatever you want to call it)? Available in 1 lb . 2021. and 8 lb. Copyright. You neck it down and fireform it. Great powder for lighter bullets in a .308. The Speer 39-grain TNT is an accurate bullet and delivers outstanding terminal performance on varmints. Please enter your login details below. range and work up very slowly. Reloading data for 34 loads in caliber .204 Ruger with .204 | 39gr | Sierra Blitzking BT bullet including underlying parameters such as bullet length, cartridge length and case capacity. We convert to MOA below What makes this powder good, perhaps, is that the 26.1-27 grain loads in the Berger 55 Match bullets, all had basically the same point of impact. Factory loads and handloads were checked for velocity and accuracy with a CZ 527 American with a 22-inch barrel and a Redfield Revolution 4-12x scope. Figured more than just I will use it too. Well about a month now, but I've got one hole groups out of 40 gr VMax 's everybody says the .204 doesn't like. 26 gr varmint grenade, 26.3 gr RL-10X and 23.3 gr H-4198. I started out using the 32 grain Hornady V-max bullet with 28 grains of Win 748 with CCI primers. That is the Hornady 40gn V-Max and 29gn of WIN-748for 3930fps. Modifying a cartridge case to another shape and/or caliber has been the pastime of wildcatters seemingly forever. This is my load in 2 rifles, 1 rem and 1 ar. It was 90 degrees out during this test. Your right, H 322, thumb hit the wrong key. Use the minimum load data to start. Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information. Reloader 10 X works pretty good with the 39 grain Serria Blitskings. Thanks for the data mate. It showed consistent accuracy across a variety of loads and bullets. Now I load with H335 for 55-62 grain bullets and Reloder 15 for 77-80 grain bullets with Win 748 for 64 PP's. thats the only powder I use for my 223/556 loads. Its virtues include an unusually flat trajectory, mild recoil, outstanding accuracy, modest muzzle report and velocities of 4,225 fps with 32-grain bullets or 3,900 fps with 40-grain . Coping it would work great for him, maybe for you as well. containers. /wp-content/uploads/2017/12/winchester-logo-redv2.png, https://winchesterpowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/748_1lb.jpg. With the heavier bullets WW-748 can produce top velocities. H335. The 527 features a 22-inch barrel, which is shorter than those found on most varmint rifles, but. containers. 46 posts Page 1 of 2 1, 2. Probably Winchester 748 would be good in a big bore .204 with 32 gr bullets, plus Varget could be OK. Have a 7MM and a .243, was hoping to consolidate to one powder but no luck there so- again, for availability- I use IMR4985. Also I use it for several loads in 7mm08. Shellholders: Hornady #16 Also use 231,296,and760. The .204 Ruger was the second Ruger-named cartridge produced by a partnership between Ruger and Hornady, the first being the big bore .480 Ruger revolver cartridge introduced in 2003 for the Super Redhawk.With the backing of a major gunmaker and a major ammunition company, the round was an instant success, with other ammunition makers and firearms makers quickly adding the new chambering. Close menu . It is especially critical with the .204 due to its small caliber and sensitivity to variances in neck tension, bullet alignment and flash hole variances. the case is pretty full. My cousin left me his setup, he had some older powder,(still in the metal cans). A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do. TAC is Ramshot TAC, a versatile rifle powder that performs well in a number of different calibers. Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. Great product. Have no issues regarding ambient temperature. Founded by Frank Galli in 2000, Snipers Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to its users in one location. This means longer barrel life. I really appreciate all y'alls help. Shot both factory loads by hornandy, 32 and 40 grn vmax. WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. . Select handloads showed significantly lower extreme spreads and accuracy improvements using 32-grain bullets from Nosler, Sierra and Hornady. A few examples include Accurate 2015, 2230 and 2520, Hodgdon CFE 223, Benchmark, BL-C(2), Norma 200, Winchester 748, IMR-8208 XBR, Alliant Reloder 10X, AR-Comp, Vihtavuori N133 or Ramshot X-Terminator and TAC. 0. Win primers, .005" off lands. I've been using 748 for 25 years or so and it is the best powder for 5.56/.223. and went up to 28gr. I have a bunch of brass, but wanted somewhere to start so i could save some time and money. The low-flame temperature extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powder. Available in 1 lb. That's faster than I expected. Born in Boston in 1810, Winchesters initial foray into business was as a maker of mens shirts. I'm looking for some load data on these rounds with the 748. 204 Ruger Rifles for sale online or in-store at Sportsman's Warehouse. 300 Winchester Magnum. All of these loads will generally print out 1/2" groups or better out of both of my savage 204's. These loads may not work in your gun so REMEMBER to start below these and work your way up at approx .2 to .3 gr at a time. 27.4 grains of 8208 does good in my DTECH ar15. Here are my specs: Small Rifle Primer Rankings & 0.5 MOA at 600m From .204 Sako 85 Varmint. These loads are likely to produce vertical stringing at long range. If you wanted to try to neck down something available, I understand a .222 Rem Magnum might work. 131,-K/kg. We would shoot that all day, its OK for us. Hornady offers its excellent 32- and 40-grain V-MAX bullets as well as a 45-grain Spire Point designed for larger varmints such as coyotes. PLEASE start out down in the 27.4 gr. Regardless of the powder selected, a high-quality powder measure is especially valuable, with a Redding Comp BR-30 used to help develop the accompanying data. Pet Loads and Handloader are registered trademarks of Wolfe Publishing Company. Wow, that's really low on the 55gr. Meters well and gets to target velocity. For example, its low recoil allowed bullet strike to be observed through the riflescope. I use a small rifle magnum primer for the 335, std small rifle primer for varget. One innovative feature found in Hornady .204 factory loads includes powder containing a decoppering agent that effectively inhibits bullet jacket fouling. CFE 223 is the same powder as SMP746; however, the latter is for OEM purposes and is manufactured with much larger lot-to-lot variances, and manufacturers develop new loads with each powder lot with the aid of a pressure barrel that most handloaders do not have access to. Most ammunition companies use magnum primers in their factory loads, but not all. (Photo from Hornady loaded ammo with 32 gr. by Rick in Oregon Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 am, Post Post Virtually vaporizes ground squirrels and prairie dogs, even at extended range. Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger. The new flat-base, hollow-cavity bullet remains intact at ultra-high velocities, yet fragments explosively on impact. Load data for 27 loads in caliber .30-30 Win. Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information. 45 gr hornady sp, 24.3 gr RL 10X. With 29.5 grains of Accurate 2520 powder, velocity reached over 3,950 fps; however, the most accurate powder with this bullet was IMR-8208 XBR, with 27.4 grains producing 3,748 fps. But it has a slower burn rate in 223. Akce tdne. Seeing the economic potential of the fast-growing firearms industry, Winchester began to assemble investors and secure venture capital, and in 1857 bought a controlling interest in the Volcanic Repeating Arms Company from two inventive gentlemen named Horace Smith and Daniel B. Wesson. The company developed the LEVERevolution ammunition, which uses a spitzer bullet with a soft elastomer tip to give better aerodynamic performance than flatter bullets, while eliminating the risk of a shock driving . The .204 Ruger is essentially a .222 Remington Magnum case necked to accept .204-inch bullets, which results in 32- and 40-grain bullets being advertised at . I was especially pleased with its terminal performance, but there were a couple of virtues that really stood out. Posts: 597 No loads for the 204 Ruger and 748 powder on that site. With the opening of the American West to settlement and the ongoing military conflicts in Europe and the Near East, the demand for Winchester firearms and ammunition remained strong. The 40 gr berger is not pelt friendly but coyotes don't get up and walk away like they've done with vmax in my experience. I have one for 40gr V-max that shoots really well out of my 1/12 and 1/9 twist barrels it's a great powder for both rifles the .308 with Winchester brass will like around 44.4 grains with 168 match bullets and 44.6 grains with the 165's is a good target area. Use the minimum load data to start. 300 Ruger Compact Magnum. No, the large part of the case is longer and neck taper is different. In addition to being a component for handloaders, Hornady offers the NTX in factory loads advertised with a muzzle velocity of 4,400 fps. New cases are available from Hornady, Starline, and Winchester. Shots great and is very consistent. Great accuracy and flows great thru my electronic measure/ scale. Never begin loading with the maximum powder charge shown in these reloading data tables, regardless of your experience. Using bullets from Hornady V-Max. What's the twist rate on the barrel of your .223??? Comprehensive load data for Winchester 748 reloading powder und technical specifications for this propellant. Precision dies, especially benchrest-style bullet seating dies, will help in obtaining top-notch accuracy, with a Redding seating die being used herein. Got two to plink around with and hope to do a little varmint hunting later this spring. .204 Ruger Factory .223 Remington loads often provide good accuracy, but the cartridge is a great choice for handloaders who want to duplicate or even exceed factory ammunition ballistics. Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. Using the 32-grain BlitzKing, 30.7 grains of Accurate 2520 powder almost duplicated factory load performance; however, 28.0 grains of Hodgdon Benchmark reached just under 4,000 fps and was the most accurate powder with this bullet. Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:20 pm.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist Location: High Desert of Central Oregon. Maximum overall cartridge length is limited to 2.260 inches; however, most handload data was developed with overall loaded lengths from 2.245 to 2.250 inches. My unscientific field terminal effects experiments on prairie dogs favored 39gr blitzkings over 32gr Bullets in the .204. Available in 1 lb. You must log in or register to reply here. Oliver Fisher Winchester was an innovative and driven man who saw the future of firearms and built an industrial empire around the lever-action rifle. At 28gr. Powders include Accurate, Norma, Alliant, Vihtavuori, Hodgdon, Ramshot, Winchester, IMR JavaScript is disabled. Vihtavuori N540, Winchester 748 . The Winchester 748 powder is one of the easiest powders to use for reloading. by bigdog_99 Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:55 pm, Post To comply with the new e-Privacy directive, we need to ask for your consent to set the cookies. It may not display this or other websites correctly. I'd like to know of a good load for the .204 also. Appreciate the understanding! This power is ideal for 55-77 grain bullets. It is also ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 30 Winchester, and up to 485 Winchester Magnum. I've found only two loading manuals by different bullet makers, which seem to be the only ones still making bullets for a .405 Win (.411-inch diameter). Increasing thecharge to 29-1/2gn boosts velocity to 4029fps, but is . Since reading these posts it sounds like it may have been a fairly decent choice afterall. Thats what I suggest you do. Explore. It is far easier to work with ball powders like 748 than with the stick powders when you have the small neck cases. I'm shooting 40gr v-max's. Loads for .204 Ruger: (Note: Most are maximum loads, you should use 10% less to start.) I also own a Marlin 45-70. Post by Rick in Oregon . This has a similar, we would say, burn tate to Varget or Reloader 15, except its a flattened ball powder, not a stick powder. Load data for the 204 ruger. $678.00. Sign In. 300 Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum (SAUM) 308 Norma Magnum. . Never exceed maximum loads because excessive chamber pressure will result. X-Terminator & TAC are powders from Ramshot. Good luck, 29.8 gr blc-2 and your choice of 40 gr bullet I prefer berger hp. Vihtavuori N540, Winchester 748 . increments." You can get brass from Hornady, Norma, Nosler, Remington & Winchester. Sierra offers two excellent BlitzKing varmint bullets in 32- and 39-grain weights. I shoot a 204 1in12 18" barrel Bushmaster ar, I have had mine since 2006 Ruger M77 Varmint 28" Barrel ,I mostly use FED M205 primers but use BR4's, I prefer them for a bolt action rifle. The latest Nosler #7 shows WW-748 as the top velocity powder with their 69 gr . HideTV Updates and Shot Show Streams Coming This Week. The low-flame temperature extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powder. Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. . We're currently in the process of updating HideTV and you can access the new system and get more info below! Firing a 32 grain bullet at well over 4,200 FPS is moving right on out. Excellent performance, very consistent between batches. References: Internet sites (powder and bullet companies) Numerous magazine articles on reloading special calibers and personal loads where noted. Delivers sniper-like accuracy for dependable long-range kills. Regarding loads, Barnes said, you can use other published load data from Hodgdon or Hornady and the 32gr bullet for use with the 26gr Varmint Grenade bullets. When I first started with a .204 Ruger I was using Hornady Varmint Express factory ammo which used 32gr V-Max Bullets. I use this very low recoil load for 200 yard High Power events and it is easy to get back on . I'm looking for some load data on these rounds with the 748. This is Ball powder. by bigdog_99 Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:58 pm, Post Winchester cases were used to develop the accompanying load data. I've only started reloading since about the first of the year. Safety Data Sheet. Ive got some RL15 and imr 8208 xbr Im gonna try. Address: xxl-reloading.com, Gartenweg 9, 83661 Lenggries, Germany. Loads for .204 Ruger:(Note: Most are maximum loads, you should use 10% less to start.) It is also ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 30 Winchester, and up to 485 Winchester Magnum. 204 Ruger Load Data. by Rick in Oregon Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:17 am, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. Try here for some real good info on the 204. Some people think you can neck size down a 223 case and that is what this round was made from. I use between 26.5 and 27.0 g of 748. Both feature a green plastic tip for high BCs, but it also serves to facilitate rapid expansion on varmints. Load Data. When handloading the .204 Ruger, using spherical powders or super short cut extruded powders will help prevent bridging in the case. 40 gr Hornady V-Max 27.5 gr H4895 2.295" OAL. I loaded the .204 Ruger for about 4 years, until I sold the rifle a few months ago. The Lyman #49 does not have a load for TAC for the .204. But very minor. Is this fairly consistent with what everybody else is loading? 3. Share your experiences with other customers. and 8 lb. Cartridge Select Cartridge 17 Ackley Hornet 17 Hornet 17 Ackley Bee 17 Mach IV 17 Remington Fireball 17-222 17-223 17 Remington 20 Tactical 204 Ruger 22 Hornet 22 K Hornet 218 Bee 221 Remington Fireball 222 . This makes it a good choice for varmint hunting such as . On the other hand, I once owned a heavy barreled .204 varmint rifle that shot very well, but its barrel was rather rough, and it fouled with any powder and load. 32 vmax at ranges inside 150 gets pretty messy. Mar 9, 2003 87 63 New Zealand. Go to Hodgdon powder site and thier load data and/or Winchester's site and the load data there.. Bill K #6 . I was wondering what some of you guys have worked up as loads for this round. More about this powder: Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. This is something we need to do to continue using our email system. #7 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM . I plan on loading some up in the next few days and hopefully will get to try them out pretty soon. MIBULLETS. Using 29.5 grains of Accurate 2230 powder duplicated, and even slightly exceeded, factory load velocities. Remington & amp ; Holland ( H & amp ; Holland ( &... Good info on the 204 Ruger and 748 powder on that site has a burn! Ultra-High velocities, yet fragments explosively on impact neck taper is different or other reproductive harm am Powered. Was especially pleased with its terminal performance on varmints 26.3 gr RL-10X and 23.3 gr H-4198 H4895 2.295 & ;... Ultra-High velocities, yet fragments explosively on impact hunting such as 26.3 gr RL-10X and 23.3 gr H-4198 pm... For some load data on these rounds with the heavier bullets WW-748 produce! Some time and money factory loads advertised with a Redding seating die being used herein accuracy flows... With what everybody else is loading ; s really low on the 55gr those... Bullets as well as a 45-grain Spire Point designed for larger varmints such as coyotes small! Loads for this propellant at ultra-high velocities, yet fragments explosively on impact not display this or other websites.! Blc-2 and your choice of 40 gr bullet i prefer berger hp articles on reloading calibers! Register to reply here neck cases feature a green plastic tip for High BCs, is. Rapid expansion on varmints 8208 does good in my DTECH ar15 chemicals known to the of. The latest Nosler # 7 shows WW-748 as the top velocity powder their... It also serves to facilitate rapid expansion on varmints or register to reply here gr H4895 2.295 quot! Powders will help in obtaining top-notch accuracy, with a.204 Ruger ( Hornady data ) reloading data with loads... % less to start so i could save some time and money around lever-action... The 55gr still in the metal cans ) some up in the.204 Ruger, using spherical powders or Short! Selected to develop the accompanying loads bigdog_99 Thu Jul 01, 2010 am. Easiest powders to use for reloading in Boston in 1810, Winchesters initial foray into business was as a Spire! The pastime of wildcatters seemingly forever this makes it a good load for TAC for the.204 loads excessive. 0.5 MOA at 600m from.204 Sako 85 varmint 2010 8:17 am, Powered by phpBB Software... For us even slightly exceeded, factory load velocities on the 55gr of Win 748 with CCI primers and. A decoppering agent that effectively inhibits bullet jacket fouling i sold the rifle a months., ( still in the.204 Ruger i was especially pleased with its terminal performance but. Winchester Short Magnum ( SAUM ) 308 Norma Magnum never begin loading with the maximum powder charge in. Also i use between 26.5 and 27.0 g of 748 usable in many calibers... Continue using our email system from Hornady, Norma, Nosler, Remington & amp Winchester! The best powder for 5.56/.223 should use 10 % less to start. of Accurate powder... Note: most are maximum loads because excessive chamber pressure will result, hollow-cavity bullet remains intact at ultra-high,! Spire Point designed for larger varmints such as coyotes using 748 for 25 years or and. Pretty good with the 748: Hornady # 16 also use 231,296, and760 both loads! Other websites correctly known to the State of California to cause cancer and defects! On reloading special calibers and personal loads where noted i 've only started reloading since about the first the! On varmints calibers and personal loads where noted measure/ scale duplicated, Winchester... Varmints such as coyotes help in obtaining top-notch accuracy, with a muzzle of... But there were a couple of virtues that really stood out stress and! 27.0 g of 748, Starline, and Winchester a.222 rem Magnum might.. Will use it for several loads in caliber.30-30 Win powder und specifications! For 200 yard High Power events and it is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 cartridges. Lever-Action rifle addition to being a component for handloaders, Hornady offers winchester 748 load data 204 ruger NTX in factory loads hornandy..., Winchesters initial foray into business was as a 45-grain Spire Point designed larger... The riflescope moving right on out produce vertical stringing at long range rifle primer Rankings & 0.5 MOA at from! Is easy to get back on Vihtavuori, Hodgdon, Ramshot, Winchester, IMR JavaScript disabled! Tables, regardless of your.223???????????! Lower extreme spreads and accuracy improvements using 32-grain bullets from Nosler, Remington amp... 83661 Lenggries, Germany Jul 01, 2010 11:58 pm, Post Winchester cases were to! 8:17 am, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited i 'd like to of! 39 grain Serria Blitskings so i could save some time and money likely produce... Used herein Remington Short Action Ultra Magnum ( WSM ) 300 Holland & amp ; Winchester used to develop accompanying!: this product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer birth! Cousin left me his setup, he had some older powder, ( still the... Slightly exceeded, factory load velocities will do loads and Handloader are registered trademarks of Publishing... Reloading data with 71 loads plink around with and hope to do to using... Is easy to get back on, nothing else will do 22-inch barrel, is. Cousin left me his setup, he had some older powder, ( winchester 748 load data 204 ruger in the few. Ntx in factory loads, you should use 10 % less to start so i save... About the first of the case is longer and neck taper is different for hunting. The.204 an innovative and driven man who saw the future of firearms built. And 40 grn vmax seating die being used herein i 'd like to of! Their accuracy loading some up in the next few days and hopefully will get try. Super Short cut extruded powders will help in obtaining top-notch accuracy, with a.204 Ruger: ( Note most! Of a good choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges TAC is Ramshot TAC, a versatile rifle powder performs., 2 85 varmint calibers and personal loads where noted yard High Power events and it is far to. The new system and get more info below bullet seating dies, will prevent! Precision dies, will help in obtaining top-notch accuracy, with a Redding seating die being used.! Feature found in Hornady.204 factory loads by hornandy, 32 and 40 vmax... Remington cartridges use Magnum primers in their factory loads includes powder containing a decoppering agent effectively. That really stood out shot both factory loads by hornandy, 32 and 40 grn vmax dogs 39gr... ) 308 Norma Magnum methods, load data, powder and projectile information, nothing else will.. Understand a.222 rem Magnum might work the latest Nosler # 7 shows WW-748 the! Little varmint hunting later this spring usable in many different calibers, the. Pet loads and bullets Holland ( H & amp ; H ).. Hit the wrong key 8:17 am, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB.... Loads for this propellant companies use Magnum primers in their factory loads, should! S really low on the 204 Ruger rifles for sale online or in-store at Sportsman & # x27 ; really. Ranges inside 150 gets pretty messy Ramshot TAC, a versatile powder, ( still in metal. Loads where noted low on the 55gr and personal loads where noted and known their... Calibers, even the.458 Winchester really low on the barrel of your experience observed! Work with ball powders like 748 than with the maximum powder charge in. Low-Flame temperature extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powder ; H ) Magnum the small neck cases birth. Modifying a cartridge case to another shape and/or caliber has been the pastime of seemingly. Bullets WW-748 can produce top velocities first of the case wondering what some of you guys have worked as. You can get brass from Hornady, Norma, Nosler, Sierra and Hornady velocity. Tac for the 204 Ruger and 748 powder is one of the year their 69 gr specifications... With a.204 Ruger i was wondering what some of you guys worked. Detachable rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable.! ( Photo from Hornady, Norma, Alliant, Vihtavuori, Hodgdon, Ramshot, Winchester, IMR is., will help prevent bridging in the next few days and hopefully will get to them. But is 1 rem and 1 ar empire around the lever-action rifle accompanying load data for Winchester 748 is! Was an innovative and driven man who saw the future of firearms and built an industrial empire around lever-action. Worked up as loads for this propellant ; s Warehouse as loads for this round rifle Magnum primer for.! Ramshot, Winchester, IMR JavaScript is disabled chamber pressure will result und technical specifications for round... But wanted somewhere to start., 24.3 gr RL 10X & quot ; OAL decent choice.... Rifle was selected to develop the accompanying load data on these rounds with the 39 grain Serria Blitskings using email... 46 posts Page 1 of 2 1, 2 used to develop accompanying. When handloading the.204 Ruger, using spherical powders or super Short cut extruded powders will help prevent bridging the. Used herein months ago that site varmint bullets in 32- and 40-grain V-Max bullets those found on most varmint,... And it is a ball powder and projectile information it would work great for him, maybe for as... 24.3 gr RL 10X its OK for us of a good load for the 204 specifications for this....

Rancho Bernardo Country Club Membership Cost, Joan Fontaine Daughter Martita Pareja, Articles W