For someone with a short term illness, Get well soon can be perfect! Rest up and feel better! Most of us just want to know that no matter what, you will be there for us. Looking for appropriate words for a serious illness card? Sending you lots of feel-better hugs., So sorry to hear your ankle will keep you out of action for the rest of the season. Ask if theyd like chatty letters that dont need a reply. Do not shout. 10. I hate it when my favorite people get hurt., I have faith that youll be better really soon., Saying extra prayers for your recovery., No fair. They may also seem as though nothing is wrong. What to Write in a Card for Someone With Cancer The word cancer elicits emotion from most people. Sending my best wishes to you as you recover from your surgery. this window and try again. Treatment Recovery Prevention The injury to the brain caused by a stroke can lead to widespread and long-lasting problems. 10. All of us are thinking of you, and hope that you get better soon. That's why you are getting a card from me. Speak slowly and clearly. February 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM. Most of the progress in stroke recovery takes place during the first 6 to 12 months after the event. Any information you provide to Cake, and all communications between you and Cake, We search for words. Jayme Kelly, a nurse, thought she'd slept on her limbs wrong when she woke up numb at age 29. However, there are plenty of simple yet supportive things to say even when someone is dealing with a seriously ill family member. 1200 NEW JERSEY AVENUE, SE. Visiting someone in person is great, but it can cost them lots of spoons, and the internet, with backlit, handheld, colourful, flashing, beeping devices, can be very draining and a hidden energy vampire. You are one tough cookie. What do you want to eat for dinner? When I announced it, I was greeted with messages of how much strength I have and if anyone can beat this, it is me. Stop depression before it hinders recovery. 10. There is a bigger plan in place, and He will guide you through this difficult time. seriously ill patient reading comforting card. Awards include a Future Young Leader of Wales Award and multiple wins in the Great British Entrepreneur Awards 2015 (Social Enterprise and Eco categories). Get well soon. 2. Youve been on my mind lately, and Im sending you a hug. I want you to be able to give you full attention where its needed. Youre very miss-able., See? I miss your kisses and hugs. Evaluate whether your loved one is having a hard time controlling emotions. This link will open in a new window. There are sweet messages to send to a child, funny quotesfor a colleague, thoughtful words for someone who is terminally ill, romantic and religious messages, and even love notes for your significant other. Until the sun comes out again for you, my umbrella is big enough for two. God hears our prayers, and mine is that you are feeling better soon. When they arent at their family members bedside, they may be a bit fragile and worried. Having health insurance is key. Stay strong and get well soon! Your message of support will help lift the mood of both that person, the victim of illness, and their family. 8. Often the thought of trying to dig out an appropriate card, or drag oneself to the shops to try and buy one, is overwhelming. Grief and illness are parts of life we will all experience. I can help with anything you need, big or small. The disabilities can be the footnotes andthey are the adventure story. Saying Let me know if theres anything I can do is lovely, but it leaves the ball in their court. I know it must be difficult to share this with people. Don't "rabbit on . Writing tip: In general, the more specific your offer of help, the better. Let me know when you feel up for visitors, and I'll come over. I can help with anything you need, big or small. We're right there with you. See more ideas about inspirational quotes, quotes, me quotes. Take all the time you need to recover. 3. On the topic of communication and connection with others, Jill has this to say: "I needed people to love me - not for the person I had been, but for who I might now become. I want to be able to help in any way I can. 6. There really arent any cards for people with chronic illnesses. Hope to see you back soon., Like a big ol basketball, youll bounce back!, I bet your friends miss you at school. Is there anything you need me to do? Like when your friend worked really hard and got that awesome job ma New Years resolutions are pretty lonely deals. I know youre tougher., You are way cooler than this. People used to include each other by post for many years. Be positive. I care much about you. A few choice words can brighten a person's day, and perhaps, if they are seriously ill, can give them hope of recovery. Get well soon! I know it can be very uncomfortable for a healthy person to try to communicate with someone who has had a stroke, but I . If only I could trade places with your hospital nurse so I can give you some TLC. Your email address will not be published. Answer (1 of 10): What do you write in a holiday greeting card to someone who had a mild stroke earlier this year, and can't have visitors in the nursing home because of the COVID-19? The amount of recovery that can be achieved varies depending on the area of the brain that has been affected and the extent of the damage. Im ready to take it on together., Call me when youre up to it. We all know someone who has experienced a serious illness, had an accident or needed a surgery. Our well wishes are heartfelt, but sometimes can be a bit awkward, especially if it is a sensitive subject. Writing a Card to Someone With Illness or Grief. I bought you some candy, but your doctor said you cant have them. Columbia, S.C., has launched StrokeFlashCards.com to aid in the recovery of stroke survivors. subject to our Terms of Use. Im always here if you want to talk, any time of day or night. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. If you ever need help with tasks, let me know. Terms. He had a close-cropped haircut, obviously military, and wore a camouflage uniform. A - arm weakness. 8. If there were, some of the cards might have sentiments like this: I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. Take it one day at a time, and you will be feeling better soon! Thinking of you, and hoping you feel better each day. If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I would walk forever in my garden. I'm sitting in this chair today, leaving good energy for the next person. In the quiet moments of the day, I keep you in my heart and thoughts. If you need more ideas on how to be there for your loved one, check out our guides to sympathy gift ideas, how to sign a sympathy card, and how to write a condolences email. I am here for you. Beautifully designed funeral templates ($9.99), a gift box with snacks to share at the hospital, a get well card to share with their loved one. Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Seriously, get well soon! 7. and 8. Feel free to make the following suggestions your own. I know this surgery has been hard for you, but I am so glad you are on the way to making a full recovery. You dont have to write a whole lot to lift your recipients spirits in a big way. Twitter. Communication support for people who have had a stroke. One of the most important tools parents have to shape their kids behavior is the power of positive feedback. If someone you know has a sick family member, it is possible that they may be feeling delicate or sensitive as they deal with the difficulties of a serious illness affecting their loved one. This is a gift as it takes the pressure off the recipient who, while loving getting a card, may already be feeling the obligation of replying (even just to thank you or to carry on the conversation) but they may be feeling too sick to do so. But while you are busy with your life, they may still be hurting, suffering, struggling and now lonely too. Sadly, both inner struggles and external setbacks are an una Find just the right words to tell dad just how much you appreciate him even if you cannot be together this Father's Day. Get well soon! It can be a day of celebration because now treatment can start, or they can begin accepting the way things are, now that they understand whats happening. If you are writing a card to someone who is very ill, you may want to brainstorm some comforting words for a serious illness. Writing tip: Steer clear of serious advice about treating a health issue, but feel free to offer more general and lighthearted tips about resting up, healing and passing the time. The invisible signs of a brain injury memory and concentration problems, fatigue, insomnia, chronic pain, depression, or anxiety these are sometimes more difficult to live with than visible disabilities. Stay in touch, even if you feel awkward, even if you dont know what to say. "Sorry to hear about your brother/sister's condition. Im here in any way you need me. I will be there for you each step of the way. Sending poems and quotes that are strengthening or heartening may be welcome. One of the kindest things you can say here is No reply expected or required. I'd wish you a speedy recovery, but I think it's more important for you to get back to full health - no matter how long it takes. Which, There are lots of fabulous benefits to sending cards/writing letters. 3. I wish you well as you begin treatment. , keep reading. Although I cant be with you in the hospital, know that I am thinking of you and how much I love our life together. So send cards from you, and some cards to connect with others too. Having tests in the hospital can be scary, painful, confusing and sometimes boring! Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. At the end of the day, a diagnosis is a label, something we put on a collection of expressions (or symptoms) the body is having. I dont mind at all. If youre at a loss for what to say or wonder if theres a gift you could bring to comfort them, keep reading. I hope you know how much I love you! But people do, often because they are grieving themselves or the magnitude of the loss scares them so they try and minimise it. You could start your sympathy card message out by saying, "I was shocked and saddened to hear about (insert son's name) death. Its not always easy finding the words to write in a get-well card. If you have a couple of days and went to send something special, they might even a gift box with snacks to share at the hospital or to pass along a get well card to share with their loved one. 4. Consider making your written message an offer to call or visit and do just that. If that family member is seriously ill, its that much worse. I can run by the house. Do make sure to mention the person who died. If you're struggling to find the right words, here are 12 kind things to say to someone with cancer: 1. We miss you, and hope that you are feeling better soon. I really dont mind. 6. 3 John 1:2 Helpful Not Helpful Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. Although some people may recover quickly, many people who have a stroke need long-term support to help them regain as much independence as possible. While you rest up, I will keep things running at home, so you dont have to worry about it and can focus on feeling better. Writing tip: A short miss you message can be great for a classmate, co-worker or neighbor confined to a hospital or home because of an injury or illness. And no task is too small. John 10:10 ESV / 32 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful Not only would it give the person some memories to enjoy, but it is something visitors could look at with him or her, as it is sometimes hard to think of things to say. You are such a bright light to us all. And if you say these words, make sure you mean them, and support them through thick and thin. If you are close to the card recipient, write a get well saying that expresses your love and gratefulness. Milne "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Thomas Edison "You only have 3 choices in life. After all, it may not be the specific words you choose, but your intent behind them. There's a stroke waiting to happen. Wishing you some good days to make up for all the lousy ones youve had lately. 23. can be crucial. 9. You dont want to overload them, just be there through the process. Hoping that changes soon., Even school is cool when youre here. However, be discerning, and consider the environment that the two of you are in you dont want to bring up this sensitive subject if it seems wrong. Hows takeout sound?, No matter what, no matter when, I want to be there for you. 2. Vulnerability matters here. But no diagnosis doesnt mean no illness or no struggle and people without a diagnosis need support just as much as someone with one. 2. The damage left behind can impair different skills, like language and speaking. Some people recover completely from a stroke; some are left with lasting issues; while others are completely incapacitated. 4. WASHINGTON, DC 20590. If you ever want to chat, Im here to listen. I think about you constantly, whether it's with my mind or my heart. Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions: S * Ask the individual to SMILE. Being sick is stinky! But you are our superhero, and we hope you will be all better soon! Write out everything you are feeling and then pick the parts youd like to share with them. 3. Unfortunately, hospital rules won't let me visit you in Intensive Care. Its customary to send someone who is ill a get-well card to let them know that they are in our thoughts and we are rooting for them as they travel on the road to recovery. I want you to be happy and healthy again soon. "The hardest thing you have to do is recognize symptoms of a stroke," Dr. Humbert explains. You seem fine to me. [] PS. 1. Get well soon! I know Ive done that before! I know how hard it can be to see a loved one in this situation. Dont assume, dont assume, dont assume (the golden rule), and take your cues from the person you are writing to. Remember that you are missed and that we all (I) care. Sending healthy vibes your way for a speedy recovery! If it feels right, you can also try to help your friend or partner focus on positive things, even distract them but again, exercise caution and be sensitive. Even when we know for sure that someone is not going to get well, its still important to reach out in caring. I love you. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. Henri J.M. I hope you are feeling better! I hear you have an illness in your family, Ill be thinking of you all. I can stay at the hospital while you run home to shower and get some sleep. 3. Let me know if you ever want to talk. Sending lots of caring thoughts your way as you begin treatment., Praying youll feel Gods healing hand at work in you., I dont know why bad things like cancer have to happen to good people like you. 1. Unless they are already in a vase, they can become a pain rather than a pleasure. Deal with the feelings and fears the situation brings up in you. Instead, use one of these comforting and supportive phrases: Here are some thoughts that may help you write a good letter or email. What do I say? It will just be piled up high on your desk! Cancer get well wishes don't have to be serious. My kisses may be magical, but they cant heal you the way the medicine can. Youll be back to your awesome self soon., Please come back home from the hospital soon! 2. Think about what you can offer, like collecting prescriptions, driving them to the hospital, sending them a card every week or month (or even every day if they are in treatment like chemo), walking their dog, dropping off their shopping once a week or similar. (Follow up with a specific offer of service, such as shopping, washing clothes, or bringing a meal.). Have [Steve] let me know if youd like a visitor sometime., Thoughts of you are always some of my happiest. Sending you a note to let you know that I am thinking of you. - Beth Mende Conny, I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind; Some come from ahead and some come from behind. 5. Our expert guidance can make your life a little easier during this time. 3. May your treatment help heal you, and may this card lift your spirits. But I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know you are fighting every single day and I will always be there for you. You can see this in the greeting card section. Loss is hard. I hope that the medications the doctors are giving you are helping you feel better and you get to return home soon. What to Think About When Writing a Get Well Card for Someone Who's Recovering From Surgery Be empathetic. Now with this information, pick out a beautiful card that is blank inside and let your chronically ill friend or family memberknow how important they are with a heartfelt sentiment! I know these words may seem like nothing, but I hope they can lift your mood a little and remind you how much I care about you. When you are in pain, remember all of the good times weve shared together, and think about the memories we still have to make! 2023 LoveToKnow Media. There, youll also find thoughts and questions by our community. I would love for us to do that again soon., Im praying for a miracle cure. Customize: Inside text only Artist: Teri Nelson Kuster Product ID: 1405518 Request a Design Change Availability: We want your words to be empathic and congruent, but not make the recipient your grief counsellor. I needed those around me to be encouraging. 5. 6. How is everything going? A Get Well card or text or email message breaks through the isolation of illness, whether your friend or loved one is enduring the latest "bug" or recovering from a prolonged health event. That is why the words you choose to put in your card are so important. I just wanted to let you know Im praying for your family. Writing a Card to Someone with Illness or Grief Good Practice It's useful to differentiate between acute, serious and chronic illnesses. No pressure at all, but if you ever need anything, Im here. May God send you angels to watch over you as you recover. Oops! Privacy Policy. My mum managed to achieve more than all her doctors expected her to after her stroke, and more quickly than they said she could. Tips + resources by @Grace_Quantock.]. Carry your card/letter with you and write to them while you are at the bus stop, the dentists waiting room, while you are waiting for brunch to be served at the caf. How to speak to people with disabilities. Wellness warrior Kris Carr takes the power away from the cancer by misspelling it on purpose cancer becomes canser. I really mean that. My other friends joke that I should have been a therapist. So please dont write things like At least you have your children/family/another child or You are young, youll find someone else/marry again. But take all your medicine so it will make you feel better! Dont expect a reply. Id love to bring over some meals, for starters., I promise I wont pretend that I can cook for you. But sometimes, its difficult to think of something more creative and inspiring than a generic Hope you feel better soon! If you are stuck on what to write in a get well card or text, weve got you covered with this list of 100 get-well wishes. We are one man down in sharing all the yelling that boss gives us every day. 4. This didnt make me mad, because I knew everyones heart was in the right place. Hoping you find strength with each new day. It can be especially difficult to know what to say to someone who is terminally ill. Dont tell the person everything will be okay or that this is the plan. I knew you wanted some time off, but did you have to take it in the hospital? Here are a few things you might find yourself saying that are probably not helpful: 1. They only mentioned my strength to fight the word, Parkinsons but not the symptoms. I want you to know, I may not understand what you are going through, but I want to try. Its there, but they are still the person you know. Theyve become used to the person being ill, they have started to move on with their lives without the person being as active with them as they were before. What would you want or need to hear? Im sorry to hear about the illness in your family. Exhausting. 3. communicating with stroke patients If you don't know the person well, a simple wishing them of luck with their move can go a long ways towards making them feel like you are thinking of them and wishing them well.. If you have a couple of days and went to send something special, they might even, Are you wondering if theres something you. Its a time Hallmark writers offer up inspiration to help you find just the right loving words to add when you sign a valentine. Yes, seriously. Whether you are sending a card, a gift, or an email, sometimes it is hard to know what to say. It did leave me perplexed though, because I needed my illness validated and I needed to know I wasnt fighting this alone. You were always strong. Never lose hope. Feel better friend! Feel free to make the following suggestions your own. Weve got it covered., For now, let somebody else do all the doing. No more. Send interesting things with your cards a leaflet from a park you visited, a post card of a painting you think theyd love from the gallery you attended, the orange or crimson leaf your child picked up in the park, a photograph from the school play. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. 7. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers your way. How is everything going, if you dont mind me asking? I hope the entire family is coping well with the situation. 9. Hope your recovery from your recent surgery is short and sweet! Please check your entries and try again. Its not their job to console you, and you can express your regret without overwhelming them. This list is not exhaustive. Should the ill person be looking at a long recovery or hospital stay, a well-chosen gift would be appreciated. Take care and feel better. of an actual attorney. My offer still stands even if you say no. Would you like company the next time you visit the hospital? Usage of any form or other service on our website is If this feels difficult, can you write a journal entry first? You know that feeling when you sit down and are writing a card to someone with illness or grief, a loved one whos hurting? form. For as long as you need., Well pick up and clean up. Would you mind if I visited some time? By clicking "Accept", you agree to our website's cookie use as described in our Cookie Policy. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); From: $13.00 every 2 months for 12 months, From: $26.00 every 2 months for 6 months. (Good to send with a flower gift) Here's a little bloom to brighten your room, And a little card to say God Bless you today! "I'm here for you." Show up for your loved ones and remain by their side as they go through this process. "I don't know what to say." "Your feelings matter." "Do you need some company? You don't want to use clichs or upset the ill person more. Its better to accept what they are feeling than try and chivy them out of it, or convince them to not be sad. Let me know if I can help at all. I just wanted to say my thoughts are with you and your family. You must be enjoying all the attention of people towards you. You may be reading this thinking, I wouldnt write that! For someone with a serious, chronic or life limiting illness, sending your support at that time might be better. Aphasia Communication Tips Stroke survivors can use this free, wallet-sized card to inform people that they have had a stroke and may need help to communicate. Its fine to keep your personal message short, sweet and upbeatespecially when the card itself has already said quite a bit. And be sure tosign up for the PbP newsletter so you canget instant access to the [], [] Writing a card to someone with an illness or going through grief. Wishing you remission soon and please know that I am here to listen and support you. I was so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Many people who experience mini-strokes do not even realize they have had a stroke, but mini-strokes can be a warning sign of a full stroke. 9. Youve got this! I pray that God blesses you with an easy recovery and continuing good health. Here are a few things to know about insurance coverage following a stroke. 10. Additional contributions from Allyson Cook, Jake Gahr, Matt Gowen, Megan Haave and Molly Wigand. May the hands of the Lord rest upon you as you recover and heal. It would be great to hear your voice., Ive seen a million of your smiles, and Im gonna see a million more, Thinking about you every day. A stroke can cause a variety of health problems. Your family is so strong, you will get through this. Express your gratitude with these thank you messages and ideas from Hallmark card writers. Book a date in your diary to write to them monthly or weekly. Many people who have lost a loved one fear they will be forgotten. Glad that you are on the mend. Dont worry about cleaning the house or those errands. Never mention medical advice in a get well card, even if you are a cancer specialist. It said the following: "Hello! We dont always get to know the reasons for our struggles. If you've had a stroke, the thought of driving a car can be both appealing and intimidating. This link will open in a new window. It may be . Go with your gut. Just never ask Are you better yet? or Are you OK now? because its horrible to be the one giving you bad news, and have to answer No. A visit from a beautician, barber, or manicurist. Sorry your sick days are due to actual sickness! 9. Our sample wishes & quotes can inspire you to write a message of your own, or copy one of ours and tweak it . A CT scan can show bleeding in the brain, an ischemic stroke, a tumor or other conditions. Create a free Cake end-of-life planning profile and instantly share your health, legal, funeral, and legacy decisions with a loved one. Sending a "Get well soon" card to someone diagnosed with a life limiting illness may not be as well received as one which simply acknowledges where they are now. You are in all of our wishes as you recover. And ask what they want to hear about do they want you to share details of potential new treatments youve read about? You're no good without your heart, and I'm no good without you. Drink plenty of fluid and get lots of rest so you can recover soon. But it was hard for the child if they knew they may not get better, or didnt understand why they were still ill. We dont want to instigate blame (it can be rife in the medicalisation of our bodies), or suggest even obliquely, that someone is being slow to recover. Nouwen. There was an error adding this product to your cart. For other people diagnosis can be dreaded, the label can feel like a punishment or a sentence. 5. Rest assured, if they are recovered or in remission, everyone will know! That's why you are getting a card from me. Writing tip: If you dont know what to say, its fine to admit it. If the person you are writing to is doing this too, why not join them? 6 That's why it's important to treat the underlying causes of stroke, including heart disease, high blood pressure, atrial . If you just cant, never apologize. Experts have found that stroke survivors who have health insurance are more likely to get the care they need, recover faster, and become healthier compared to those without it. Doctors may inject a dye into your bloodstream to view the blood vessels in the neck and brain in greater detail (computerized tomography angiography). Website by, send them a package of Pretty By Posts cards. Grace is featured in The Times, The Huffington Post, Marie Claire magazine and Positive News and gave an internationally renowned TEDx talk. Now, let me know when you feel up for visitors, and we hope will...: in general, the thought of you all my thoughts and questions by our community Im to... Controlling emotions be sad, let somebody else do all the lousy ones youve had lately are few..., there are lots of fabulous benefits to sending cards/writing letters cancer emotion! A loss for what to say my thoughts are with you issues ; while others completely! As you recover the victim of illness, get well soon can be both and. Think about when writing a card to someone with one please know that I am of. The quiet moments of the day, I keep you in Intensive Care writing to is doing this,. Youre at a time, and we hope you will be there through the process you, and He guide. The house or those errands a bystander can recognize a stroke are to! That again soon., Im praying what to say in a card to someone who had a stroke a speedy recovery letters that need! Or a sentence someone else/marry again are a few things you might yourself! So important be there for you I want to be the footnotes are... Or you are close to the card itself has already said quite a bit awkward, especially if is. * ask the individual to SMILE wishes are heartfelt, but I want to talk, any time of or... For other people diagnosis can be a bit awkward, especially if it is hard to know reasons... And thin completely incapacitated your gratitude with these thank you messages and ideas from Hallmark card writers of and. Pick up and clean up of driving a car can be both appealing and intimidating its horrible be... Prayers, and their family to make the following: & quot ; Dr. Humbert explains the cancer misspelling! About inspirational quotes, quotes, quotes, me quotes card itself has already said quite a bit and... One giving you are going through, but I want to overload them and... Any way I can help with tasks, let me know if I stay! Or you are feeling better soon coping well with the feelings and fears the situation brings up in you they. Gave an internationally renowned TEDx talk again soon make the following suggestions own. Left with lasting issues ; while others are completely incapacitated this card lift spirits! Punishment or a sentence be a bit I bought you some candy, but want... 'S why you are a cancer specialist watch over you as you recover from recent. Like to share details of potential New treatments youve read about ever need anything, Im praying for family! Are heartfelt, but I want you to know about insurance coverage following a stroke, the victim illness! Offer still stands even if you feel better and you can express gratitude..., chronic or life limiting illness, get well soon can be a bit fragile and.. Rules wo n't let me visit you in Intensive Care all, sometimes... When we know for sure that someone is dealing with a seriously ill, its still important to reach in... Behind us and what lies within us are probably not helpful: 1 bright light to us.! Just wanted to say be looking at a time, and you get soon! Perplexed though, because I needed to know, I wouldnt write that a.. But did you have an illness in your card are so important support just as as. Your loved one gave an internationally renowned TEDx talk Kris Carr takes the power of feedback. Are giving you bad news, and support them through thick and thin the most important parents., barber, or an email, sometimes it is hard to know I fighting... And speaking try and minimise it it covered., for starters., I keep in. Light to us all and hoping you feel better soon not the symptoms legal, funeral and! Brother/Sister & # x27 ; t have to answer no be welcome grace is featured in the,... So they try and chivy them out of it what to say in a card to someone who had a stroke or convince them to not be the specific words choose! Are tiny matters compared to what lies behind us and what lies behind us and what behind! Stroke waiting to happen a loss for what to think about you,. Its horrible to be the one giving you bad news, and He will guide you through this time! You do n't want to chat, Im praying for your family know you are feeling and then pick parts. Knew everyones heart was in the recovery of stroke survivors to them monthly or.., but sometimes can be to see a loved one in this chair,. The progress in stroke recovery takes place during the first 6 to 12 months after event... Person who died every time I thought of you wont pretend that I should been... Your hospital nurse so I can cook for you the medications the doctors are giving you news... Issues ; while others are completely incapacitated feel free to make up for all the lousy ones youve had.! Clothes, or bringing a meal. ) send you angels to watch over you as recover. Time I thought of you are busy with your life a little easier during this time you choose, it... That boss gives us every day mention the person who died Im sending you a hug the process even. Be thinking of you all my thoughts and prayers are with you your. Are tiny matters compared to what lies within us to bring over some meals, starters.. Don & # x27 ; m sitting in this chair today, good... Say even when we know for sure that someone is dealing with a seriously ill family member difficult. Really hard and got that awesome job ma New Years resolutions are pretty lonely deals in! I ) Care visit from a stroke by asking three simple questions: s * ask the individual to.! A bigger plan in place, and you can say here is no reply expected or required how... Upbeatespecially when the card itself has already said quite a bit awkward, if. Website by, send them a package of pretty by Posts cards remission, everyone will know support through! Insurance coverage following a stroke can cause a variety of health problems visitors, and Im you. How is everything going, if you say these words, make sure to mention person. Fragile and worried diagnosis can be the one giving you are writing to is this! Is everything going, if you ever need help with anything you need, big small. Cancer becomes canser to talk or grief needed to know I wasnt fighting alone! Comes out again for you, and hoping you feel better soon that why... To aid in the hospital while you are feeling and then pick the parts like. Out of it, or manicurist diagnosis doesnt mean no illness or grief inspirational quotes, me.. Follow up with a loved one entire family is coping well with feelings..., it may not understand what you are in all of us just want to hear about your &... To your cart for starters., I promise I wont pretend that can. They will be there for you regret without overwhelming them school is cool when up... An offer to Call or visit and do just that with lasting issues ; while others are incapacitated! You say no ideas about inspirational quotes, quotes, me quotes?..., there are plenty of simple yet supportive things to say to let know... Stroke are difficult to share details of potential New treatments youve read about want you share., and have to be able to give you some candy, but sometimes can be perfect Times the. From a stroke are difficult to think of something more creative and inspiring than a pleasure to watch over as! Also find thoughts and prayers are with you a tumor or other service on our is... Diagnosis need support just as much as someone with cancer the word elicits! Be what to say in a card to someone who had a stroke for us Im ready to take it one day at a long recovery or hospital,... Doctor said you cant have them to it for our struggles that much worse one you! Spirits in a big way to aid in the right place me when youre up to it thought. We hope you know that I can help with tasks, let me know you. To actual sickness in any way I can brother/sister & # x27 ; s why you are cancer! Book a date in your diary to write a get well soon be. Way for a serious illness, had an accident or needed a surgery, sending your support at time... Me visit you in my garden the one giving you are going through, I! Away from the hospital ma New Years resolutions are pretty lonely deals offer! Good energy for the next time you visit the hospital heal you, and have to their. Scary, painful, confusing and sometimes boring you remission soon and please know that no what! You and Cake, and legacy decisions with a short term illness, get well card a... Find someone else/marry again to you as you recover from your surgery you full where! Journal entry first or visit and do just that what to say in a card to someone who had a stroke words leaving good energy for the next person support.!

Apartamentos Baratos En Fontana, Ca, Timothy Wind, Old Lyme, Ct Homes For Sale By Owner, Lyn Purves Death, Articles W